Why Choose Building-Integrated Photovoltaics?
Building-integrated photovoltaics (BIPV) are photovoltaic materials that are used to replace conventional building materials in parts of the building envelope such as the roof, skylights, or facades. They are increasingly being incorporated into the construction of new buildings as a principal or ancillary source of electrical power.
- The initial cost can be offset by reducing the amount spent on building materials.
- The cost of labour that would normally be used to construct the part of the building that the BIPV modules replace can also be offset.
- Can be used as the principal or ancillary source of electrical power for the building
- Huge potential income stream.
- Solar PV is a reliable, safe, investment vehicle that provides returns exceeding those of traditional low risk financial products such as savings accounts, ISA’s, Gilts, etc.
Flat Roof Solar Panel Installers
Geo Green Power can offer advice on the best options available and what sort of returns you can expect to get on your Flat Roof Solar Panel system. Our team can work within whatever budget you have available and can design, supply and fit systems that can be extended later on.
Q: Will I have to get planning permission?
Not in the vast majority of cases. If your property is part of a world heritage site, or is listed, then planning permission would likely have to be sought in advance. We would advise when this was the case, and while you would have to seek such permission we will of course provide full assistance in completing applications and supplying any information requested to ensure the process is as quick and easy as possible.